So I have been sitting around thinking and thinking...I really want to post a recipe. But what recipe? I don't even write down recipes when I cook! And it's still hot. Who the heck wants to cook when it's hot? Not I! So...My go-to easy peasy meals? I'll give you three. Don't blame me if they're not super healthy. These are "I have about 20 minutes to figure out what the heck we're eating or we won't be!" meals.
Meatball or Italian Sausage Subs
1pkg of your favorite sub rolls
1pkg frozen meatballs* OR sausages
1 large jar of your favorite pasta sauce*
Provolone or mozzarella cheese (shredded or slices, up to you)
A medium onion, sliced (optional)
Bell peppers, sliced (optional)
Cooking oil or butter (optional)
(*Homemade is even better! I haven't made my own meatballs in a loooong time, but I almost always freeze whatever is leftover when I do. One day I WILL make my own tomato sauce!)
1) Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
2) If you're cooking sausages I suggest thoroughly cooking them first. Pour sauce in pan. If you're making meatballs with frozen ones, just dump them straight in the sauce - frozen.
3) In a small pan lightly saute onions and peppers together in a little cooking oil or butter.
4) Arrange rolls with cheese on baking sheet, and put in oven until cheese is just melting.
5) Assemble. Roll, meat, peppers/onions, possibly jalapenos. Enjoy! Add a bag of salad, and ta-da...Dinner is done!
One of my faves! This is just how my family makes it. I don't know if it's traditional or not...I just know it's delish!
1 medium onion, diced
Beef (we usually use round steak unless something better is on sale) 1lb is more than enough for 2-3 people.
Seasoning (salt, pepper, garlic, etc...)
1 cup sour cream
1 small can sliced mushrooms (optional)
1) Boil noodles, drain.
2) Heat enough oil to cover bottom of a large pan at medium heat. Cut beef into small strips, mix flour and seasonings in a medium bowl. Dredge meat in flour, and cook in pan of oil with the diced onion.
3) When thoroughly cooked, pour in enough water to just cover meat. Add can of mushrooms if you want them.
4) Cook down until liquid resembles a thin gravy. Add sour cream and stir in until evenly distributed.
5) Serve meat and sauce over egg noddles. Steamed veggies on the side or mixed in goes really well with this! Enjoy!
Be careful. We were serving this on a chip base. Can we say nachos?
1lb ground beef/turkey
1 pkg taco seasoning
Toppings - shredded cheese, salsa, diced tomatoes, diced onion, sour cream, tortilla chips/strips (we like to crush up Doritos), avocado, jalapenos, whatever you like!
1) Brown beef, add taco seasoning.
2) Serve over bed of lettuce, top to your hearts content! Enjoy!
That's it! 3 easy-peasy, 30 minute or less meal ideas. If all else fails, we have Fend-For-Yourself nights. I actually usually love those nights! :)
What are your favorite easy meals? Share your recipe in the comments!